Pickled Blueberry Cheesecake
Ingredients:For the crumble and base:
300g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch sea salt
150g caster sugar
100g butter, softened
For the filling:
Zest of 1 lemon
100g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
500g quark or ricotta cheese, well drained
30g semolina or cornflour
1 jar of Vasse Virgin Pickled Blueberries (reserve some to decorate)
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a 22- 24cm springform tin and set aside.
2. Place flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Add all remaining crumble ingredients and mix until a breadcrumb like consistency is obtained.
4. Place half of the crumble mixture into the prepared tin. Using the back of a spoon, press down firmly to form a base for the cheesecake.
5. Place the remaining crumble mixture into a separate bowl and set aside.
6. Place finely grated lemon zest, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and mix well for 3 minutes.
7. Add quark or ricotta and semolina or cornflour and mix for a further minute until well combined.
8. Layer blueberries on top of prepared base and pour cheese filling on top.
9. Sprinkle cake with reserved crumble mixture. Place into the centre of the oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until just set.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the tin before serving.
Serve with whipped cream and additional Vasse Virgin Pickled Blueberries, enjoy!