How To Create The Ultimate Gourmet Grazing Board
Winter calls for nights by the fire with friends, some delicious food and a good bottle of red. We’ve put together a simple recipe to create an insta-worthy gourmet grazing board…
- A large board or platter
- Cheese knives
- A few decorative bowls
- Decorative toothpicks
- 3 of your favourite cheeses- we suggest one hard, one soft and one blue. Try something different like a smoked cheddar!
- Vasse Virgin Dukkah and Mild & Delicate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A selection of crackers, nuts and dried fruit
- Fresh crusty bread
- Your favourite Vasse Virgin Olives
- Cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Mini bocconcini balls
- Vasse Virgin Chilli Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh fruit- such as melon, pear, berries, or grapes
- A selection of meats- ham, proscuitto, salami...
- A selection of veg- carrot sticks, capsicum, cucumber…
- Homemade hummus with crunchy dukkah topping
- Vasse Virgin Pickled Blueberries (to go with the cheese- trust us, it’s amazing!)
- Slice the bread into small pieces. Drizzle with Vasse Virgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil and salt, and bake in a warm oven for a few minutes to warm through and get a little crunchy.
- Arrange the cheeses onto your board or platter. Spoon the pickled blueberries on top of the soft and blue cheese and drizzle some of the juice over the cheeses too.
- Skewer one cherry tomato, one basil leaf and one bocconcini ball onto the toothpicks, drizzle with a little Vasse Virgin Chilli Balsamic Vinegar.
- Place the hummus in a decorative bowl and top with your favourite Vasse Virgin Dukkah (we love the Bush Tomato Dukkah with hummus!)
- Pour some Vasse Virgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a small bowl, place dukkah into another bowl
- Roll the meats so they are in a log shape
- Now it's time to get creative! Arrange the dukkah, oil, skewers, bread, meats and hummus onto your platter.
- Use the crackers, fruit, veg and olives to create patterns on the platter, start with one items then use the rest to follow the design.
- Now use the dried fruit and nuts to fill in any gaps. Use these to really fill up the board so it looks nice and full.
- Serve immediately with friends and family- enjoy!
- Don't forget to tag us in your creations on Facebook and Instagram - @vassevirgin | #vassevirgin