Pull-Apart Christmas Tree with Basil EVOO and Sundried Tomato & Chilli Pesto
- 1 lb. refrigerated Pizza Dough
- Egg wash (1 egg whisked with 1 tbsp water)
- 7 Mozzarella sticks
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 1/2 cup thinly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Vasse Virgin Basil Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped Rosemary
- Vasse Virgin Sundried Tomato & Chilli Pesto (warmed for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees celsius and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut mozzarella sticks into 1” pieces.
- On a floured surface, divide pizza dough into two pieces. Stretch and roll each piece of dough into a long rectangle, then cut dough into 2” squares (you’ll need 33 squares in total).
- Wrap a dough square around each piece of mozzarella, forming a tightly sealed ball. Place balls seam-side down on the baking tray in the shape of a Christmas tree (they should be touching).
- Brush egg wash on dough balls and bake until golden 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together melted butter, parmesan and herbs. Brush onto the baked pizza dough and finish with generous sprinkle of Basil EVOO.
- Serve warm with Sundried Tomato & Chilli Pesto for dipping. Enjoy!