Cauliflower Soup with Basil Pressed Olive Oil
Cauliflower soup with basil pressed olive oil.
1 large onion
3 stalks of celery
1 large leek
5 large potatoes
1 large cauliflower
2 cubes of chicken stock
1 cup grated gruyere cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Thyme leaves to garnish
Vasse Virgin basil pressed olive oil to drizzle
- Chop onions, celery, carrots, leek and potatoes roughly.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in the pot.
- Saute onions until they have a golden colour.
- Add in chopped vegetables and fry off for a minute or two.
- Chop cauliflower roughly and add to pot.
- Add in chicken stock cubes and cover vegetables with water,
- Boil until vegetables are very soft and falling apart when stuck with a fork.
- Blend with a stick mixer.
- Add in cream and cheese stir well .
- Salt and pepper to season.
- Drizzle with Vasse Virgin basil pressed extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with thyme leaves.