Spaghetti with Silver Beet Pesto
- 500gm Spaghetti
- 1 bunch Silver Beet, washed, and white stems removed
- 40gm grated Parmesan
- 4 Eschalots, peeled and halved
- 3 cloves of Garlic, peeled and halved
- ¼ cup Vasse Virgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Anchovy fillets
- Cracked Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Juice of ½ Lemon
Bring a steamer to the boil, place the eschalots and garlic on a plate and steam for 4 minutes. Add silver beet, and to steam for 4 minutes. Remove from steamer, strain off extra liquid, place silver beet and eschalots in food processor. Add ¼ cup EVOO, anchovies, Parmesan, and salt and pepper then blend. Taste to check seasoning adjust if needed. Add lemon juice.
Cook spaghetti in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Strain and put back into pot and toss through the pesto. Add some EVOO if needed. Serve in bowls with grated Parmesan and crusty bread slices. Enjoy!