- 2 large Eggplants, cut into large chunks
- 1 small Red Onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh flat-leaf Parsley, leaves picked and chopped, stalks kept aside
- 2 tbsp salted Capers, soaked and drained
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 handful Vasse Virgin Green Bella Olives, pips removed
- 350gm can whole Tomatoes
- ½ cup Vasse Virgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and ground White Pepper
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
Heat olive oil in large pan. Add eggplant and oregano, season with salt. Cook on high heat for 4 minutes turning eggplant every now and then. Add onion, garlic and 5 parsley stalks and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
Add drained capers, olives, white pepper and vinegar. When vinegar has evaporated, add tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes or until eggplant is well cooked. Taste and season if needed. Serve with chopped parsley or fresh chilli. Enjoy!