2 cups (300g) almond meal
1 cup (135g) gluten free plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate (baking) soda
2 teaspoons black chia seeds
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
2/3 cup ( 230g) Vasse Virgin and Owen Andrews Citrus Honey
2/3 cup (160ml) Vasse Virgin Mild & Delicate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
1/4 cup (90g) Owen Andrews Citrus Honey extra
1 1/4 cups (350g) natural Greek style yoghurt (thick)
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
2. Place the almond meal, flour, bicarbonate soda, chia seeds and lemon rind in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Add the honey, olive oil, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice and whisk well to combine.
4. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm round cake tin lined with non stick baking paper. Cook for 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
5. Whilst the cake is still warm, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the extra honey. Set aside to cool in the tin slightly before turning out to cool completely. To serve, top the cake with the yoghurt and drizzle with the remaining honey.
Serves 8 to 10.
NOTE: If you can't get your hands on some of our delicious Citrus Honey by Owen Andrews (which is only available at Vasse Virgin at Seppeltsfield), try adding some lemon, lime and orange zest into plain honey before mixing into the cake.