Macadamia Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
These mushrooms are great for a light lunch or for a gourmet breakfast, perfect for Christmas morning!
1 jar Vasse Virgin Macadamia Nut Pesto
4 large flat field mushrooms
1/3 cup freshly shaved Parmesan (keep some aside for topping)
1/3 cup fresh parsley finely chopped (keep some aside for topping)
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
2. Cut stalks away from centre of your mushrooms and chop them finely.
3. Mix the chopped stalks, parmesan, parsley and macadamia pesto together in a bowl.
4. Divide the pesto mixture evenly among the mushrooms and bake on a tray in hot oven for 15-20 minutes until brown.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with extra shaved Parmesan, season with salt n pepper and finely chopped parsley.
For a Christmas twist serve with a spoonful of cranberry sauce or jelly on the side.