Chickpea and Tomato Minestrone
- 1 Tbsp Vasse Virgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium sized Onion, chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Vasse Virgin Sundried Tomato and Chilli Pesto
- 28 oz can of diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Vasse Virgin Conchiglie
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems and leaves chopped
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and washed
- Salt and Pepper and Parmesan for garnish
- 4 cup Vegetable broth
- ½ tsp dried Oregano
In a large stockpot heat the olive oil over a medium temperature. Add in the onion, celery and carrots. Sauté vegetables in oil for approximately 5 minutes, then add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
Add in the tomato paste, vegetable broth, oregano and diced tomatoes. Bring to boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Add in the chard, chickpeas and pasta. Cook for another 10 minutes. Serve with garnishes and warm bread. Enjoy!