Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 leg of Lamb, deboned and butterflied
- 2 sticks of Rosemary, leaves picked
- 3 cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp Vasse Virgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Vasse Virgin Chilli Balsamic Vinegar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Sea Salt and ground White Pepper
Preheat oven to 190 degrees. In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic with rosemary and some salt until it breaks down. Add in lemon zest, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and mix together.
Make a few incisions in leg of lamb and rub marinade all over putting into the incisions you made, leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
Season lamb with sea salt and white pepper and place on a rack and into roasting tray lined with glad bake. Bake for 35 minutes then remove cover with foil and rest for 20 minutes.
Remove paper from tray, leave the marinade and juices inside. Place back into oven and cook for 5 minutes so it reduces. Taste adjust if needed. Slice lamb across the grain, place on a platter. Pour marinade over and serve. Enjoy!