Cabbage, Pea and Mint Salad
- 500gm Cabbage, finely shredded
- 12 slices Panchetta
- 1 cup loosely packed Mint, torn
- 1 long Red Chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 100ml Vasse Virgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150gm Peas, fresh or frozen
- 150gm Radishes, thinly sliced rounds
- 1 cup loosely packed Parsley leaves, torn
- 60gm Parmesan, finely grated
- 50ml Lemon juice
- Cracked White Pepper and Sea Salt
Blanch the peas in a pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes until cooked and refresh in ice cold water, then drain and set aside. Place the panchetta on a baking tray and cook either under the grill or in the oven at 170 degrees. Cook until it is crisp, then drain on absorbent paper and also set aside.
To make the salad dressing simply mix the lemon juice and EVOO together, then season with salt and pepper.
Mix together the cabbage, peas, radish, chilli, herbs and 2/3 of the parmesan in a bowl. Pour the salad dressing over and mix well and taste, adjusting the seasoning if needed. Serve with the leftover parmesan and crispy pancetta, broken into rough pieces. Enjoy!